Well, thanks to some migraines, I haven't worked out or walked since last weekend. What a bummer. It's so beautiful in the mornings now, too. I had a severe migraine on Monday, worked through it, then had accupuncture on Tuesday, which I had a bad reaction to.
I saw a Naturopathic doctor for the first time. I'm hoping accupuncture can help my migraines as I'm running out of ideas. I will be taking more vitamins and will do a mild cleanse to help rid my body of some toxins. There was a discussion of checking my hormones, which can cause migraines by an imbalance of the Estrogen to Progesterone level. I also read that there is a non-steroidal injection treatment by a local pain center and there's a story on tonights news about a new treatment for migraines.... which now I know isn't something that will be available for at least another year. (so why they do a story, I don't fckn know) It's called transcranial magnetic stimulation, or TMS. Amazing that when I google the name, there are stories dating back to 2006. How long does it fckn take?
I also have to watch my platelet count. I guess I need another blog to talk about ITP. I was at 144K in June, down to 63K last week, and back up to 116K on Thursday. You're supposed to have a platelet count between 150K-450K and last year I dropped to 2K and was hospitalized.
Anyways, the plan is this:
walk a mile and a half every morning 5-6x/wk
as soon as the pool is heated, swim 5-6x/wk
focus on a balanced diet with whole foods (cutting out most dairy, some wheat - looking for gluten-free products, and possibly tomatoes and corn for a couple of weeks as these are known allergens) although, I love salsa. hmmm...
This is a new approach for me, so we'll see how it goes.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment